Resources for Chess Club Members:
- Chess Club Handbook: As a parent-led club, our goal is to provide an experience which is effective and enjoyable for everyone. This document provides information about how we can all work together consistently to ensure that!
- Chesskid form: if you are a club member and haven’t signed up for or connected your student or parent account, please use this form. If you are not a club member, please register to enjoy ChessKid benefits.
Helpful resources for families new to Chess
- Good reads:
- Summary and Tutorials from United State Chess Federation (USCF)
- “Chess Sportsmanship and Etiquette” from ICA
- A parent’s guide to scholastic tournament (what is a USCF rating etc.)
- “Is my child ready to play in a chess tournament?“ and “How to Be a Good Chess Parent” from Rogers Chess Club
- “How To Keep Score: Algebraic Notation” from ChessKid; Blank score sheet from UCSF (For beginners)
- “Rules and Etiquette of Tournament Chess” from GatewayChess
- “Tournament instructions” and “Parent responsibilities” from Mr. Liptrap
- Join or renew the USCF membership
- A comprehensive “Tournament Newbie” guide from Chess Refinery
- TCA Texas Knights and USCF Chess Life Kids
- Free Saturday and/or Sunday Chess Meet, organized by Chess Refinery (check its facebook page)